Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Fresh Start


Ok, so this is my second attempt at a blog. The first one didn't take. lol. Actually, I was doing fairly well, but then my computer broke, and then I got busy, and after that, well I didn't really feel like blogging about my pathetic life at the time! But now things are looking up and Macie and I are going into 2009 with a fresh start (well, hopefully, still waiting for the d to be final), so I thought we would give this blogging business another shot. Hopefully the second time fares better than the first!

We are busy getting ready for Christmas, of course. We have a little two foot tree because my mother, bless her heart, thought that if we had a full-sized tree, Macie would pull it down on top of herself. Are you rolling your eyes? Because I did. So, I went to Kmart and got a little Martha Stewart two foot tree and a strand of 100 lights. Kari didn't think you could put 100 lights on a two foot tree, but I don't think she realized who she was dealing with. So Macie and I decorated the tree- well I decorated, she danced around to "All I Want for Christmas is You" and "Santa Baby". So far I haven't had any trouble keeping her out of the presents or away from the ornaments, which proves my point that my mom is crazy. :) love you mom! Also, if you take a look under the tree, I think it is evident that Christmas has now become 'Macie Day', because her gifts outnumber everyone elses by at least 4 to 1.

Macie now gets to join the divorced kids club and enjoy about a hundered different Christmases, just like Lee and I did growing up. We have our Christmas with my mom, Lee, John and his boys on Sunday, then we'll have Christmas with Lee, my dad, Teri and the girls on Christmas Eve. Christmas Day she has Christmas with her dad and the Gum's, and then he has her the weekend after so who knows what her plans will be. Just wait until the re-marriages start (if they ever do, not sure if either one of us believes in marriage anymore!!).

Anyway, we hope you have a safe and fun Christmas and New Year's this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment